High impact storm likely this weekend
April 13, 2018
The Raisin River Canoe Race will be postponed one week and will be held on Sunday, April 22 this year.
We have considered the latest forecasts which call for the likelihood of a high impact storm consisting of snow, ice pellets, and freezing rain all weekend. These conditions would be very unpleasant for paddlers, spectators, volunteers and volunteer safety crews. We are also concerned about participant and spectator safety.
Those who have pre-registered online will be given the option of a deferral for next week, a refund, or they may elect an alternate paddler for their entry. We will be contacting people by email directly.
We are committed to this decision, and the race will be held on the 22nd regardless if the weather forecasts change. For the latest updates, please visit our website at http://www.rrca.on.ca.