RULES and SAFETY INFORMATION
- All participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign a waiver form.
- All participants must wear an approved life jacket at all times.
- No alocholic beverages permitted.
- All vessels must have a fifty-foot rope attached and a whistle.
- Canoeists may carry their canoe along the river’s edge during any section of rapids.
- We encourage all participants to use the portage around the dam.
- The portage area is by the fire hall on the left-hand side of the river.
- IF the dam is open, you may pass through the narrow opening on the RIGHT-HAND SIDE ONLY. This section is marked.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PASS THROUGH ANYWHERE ELSE.
- 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM Pre-Race Breakfast: St. Andrews Parish Hall, hosted by the Knights of Columbus
- 8:30 AM – Canoe Number Pickup Opens for Pre-Registrations: St. Andrews School
- 9:00 AM – On-Site Registration Opens: St. Andrews School
- 10:30 AM – Race Start: Field beside St. Andrews School
- 1:00 PM – Shower and Change Room Facilities Open: Char-Lan Rec Centre
- 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM – Banquet: Char-Lan Rec Centre, hosted by the Ladies of St. Mary’s Parish.
Boats will leave according to their race number starting at 10:30 in groups of three, spaced one minute apart. Please be on time and arrange yourself in order. The approximate start times are therefore as follows:
|Between||And||Boat From||Boat To|
RESULTS and AWARDS
- Results will be posted to the RRCA website: http://www.rrca.on.ca
- Awards for top 3 per category will be mailed out the week following the event.