RULES and SAFETY INFORMATION
- All participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign a waiver form.
- All participants must wear an approved life jacket at all times.
- No alcoholic beverages permitted.
- All vessels must have a fifty-foot rope attached and a whistle.
- Canoeists may carry their canoe along the river’s edge during any section of rapids.
- Participants may use a canoe or kayak to participate in the event; at this time, stand up paddle boards are not permitted.
- We encourage all participants to use the portage around the dam.
- The portage area is by the fire hall on the left-hand side of the river.
- IF the dam is open, you may pass through the narrow opening on the RIGHT-HAND SIDE ONLY. This section is marked.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PASS THROUGH ANYWHERE ELSE.
April 16 11:59 PM : Online registration ends
April 19 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM : Pre-race breakfast hosted by the St. Andrews Knights of Columbus (St. Andrews Parish Hall, 17298 County Rd 18, St Andrews West)
April 19 8:30 AM : Canoe number pickup opens for pre-registrations only (St. Andrews Catholic School, 17283 County Rd 18, St Andrews West)
April 19 9:00 AM : On-site registrations opens (St. Andrews Catholic School, 17283 County Rd 18, St Andrews West)
April 19 10:30 AM : Race starts (Field beside St. Andrews Catholic School)
April 19 1:00 PM : Shower and change room facilities open (Char-Lan Recreation Centre, 19740 John Street, Williamstown)
April 19 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM : Post-race dinner fundraiser hosted by the St. Mary's Community Centre at the Char-Lan Recreation Centre (19740 John Street, Williamstown)
Boats will leave according to their race number starting at 10:30 in groups of three, spaced one minute apart. Please be on time and arrange yourself in order. The approximate start times are therefore as follows:
|Between||And||Boat From||Boat To|
RESULTS and AWARDS
- Results will be posted to the RRCA website: http://www.rrca.on.ca
- Awards for top 3 per category will be mailed out the week following the event.