50 Million Tree Program
The focus of the 50 Million Tree Program is to plant 50 million trees in Ontario by the year 2020. Applications are reviewed by the RRCA and Trees Ontario (TO) and subject to the following criteria:
- 15 year agreement is required
- Site must be equal or greater than 2 hectares (5 acres) to be eligible and currently free of trees.
- A 25 cent/tree landowner financial contribution is required.
- Trees must be planted in a definable/mappable single area and not dispersed throughout the property
- Unlike the Full service Program, tree planting services (i.e. site preparation, planting and tending) are included in the program. Most conifer species are available; deciduous species are also available, however at an additional cost.
- In-kind contributions for tree planting services continue to be encouraged but not required.
For additional information, please contact: Normand Genier - Forestry Specialist. email@example.com
|Back to Tree Planting|