In 1997, volunteers formed the Cooper Marsh Conservators (CMC) to help in the protection, conservation, education and restoration of Cooper Marsh Conservation Area. In 2008, it became a registered charity. The CMC includes members from the general public, business community, the Raisin Region Conservation Authority, the River Institute, Cornwall and Area Birding Club and the South Lancaster Fish and Game Club. The CMC aims to raise awareness of the importance of all wetlands and support the education programs that are run at Cooper Marsh. The committee's fundraising efforts have helped offset a portion of the Marsh’s annual operating costs and have enabled the major restoration of the Marsh's boardwalks, the creation of new viewing platforms and blinds to enhance wildlife observation. The CMC is currently working on raising funds to further restore the Western Marsh and help improve wildlife habitat to keep this legacy on Lake St. Francis accessible to the public for years to come.
The CMC is currently recruiting new members, if you are interested in volunteering, please e-mail email@example.com
Interested in making a donation to support Cooper Marsh enhancements initatives? Visit the Get on Board campaign page.
The Legacy of Cooper Marsh Booklet
The Cooper Marsh Conservators are pleased to announce the sale of their booklet "The Legacy of Cooper Marsh" at local sites. It describes the history and natural history of Cooper Marsh.
This Legacy of Cooper Marsh has been authored by many individuals whose love of the Marsh is brought to life with stories and pictures. The recent restoration and enhancement of the Marsh, the educational and community outreach, and its flora and fauna are highlighted by its authors.
The booklet can be purchased for $15.00, including tax, at the following sites, or from members of the Board of the Cooper Marsh Conservators:
- Henderson's Grocery, Lancaster
- Cornwall Flowers, 1325 Pitt Street, Cornwall
- Glengarry Fine Cheese, 5926 County Rd 34, Lancaster
- Williamstown's Grocery, 19688 County Rd 17, Williamstown
- Life's Little Pleasures, 108 Pitt Street, Cornwall.
For more information, please contact:
Robin Poole, at 613-937-7673 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jean-Marc Gladu, at 613-360-8915 or email@example.com
News and Downloads
- Cooper Marsh Conservators Newsletter (February 2020)
- Report from the Chair (March 2019)
- Cooper Marsh Conservators Newsletter (January 2019)
- Report from the Chair (March 2018)
- Cooper Marsh Conservators Newsletter (January 2018)
- Cooper Marsh Conservators Newsletter (Spring 2017) | Bulletin (Printemps 2017)
- Restoring pathways to discovery at Cooper Marsh (FedDev Ontario Article, March 2017)
- Cooper Marsh Conservators Newsletter (January 2017)
- Cooper Marsh Conservators Newsletter (March 2016)
- Report from the Chair (March 2016)
- Cooper Marsh Conservators Newsletter (March 2015)
- Cooper Marsh Conservators Newsletter (March 2014)
- Cooper Marsh Conservators Newsletter (April 2013)
- Cooper Marsh Conservators Newsletter (March 2012)